LoLo's Loft

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Monday Day

I have this thing I like to call my bad days - "A Monday Day". And yesterday was one of those days. It did also happen to be an actual Monday but even if it weren't it'd still be A Monday Day as they can be any day of the week Sat-Sun as long as one or more of the following descriptions fits the ______ day:

a nothing goes right day, an I want to crawl back into bed day, a don't bother me today day, a hurry up and be over day, an if you look at me wrong I might cry day, a do-over day.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Ever have one of those days?

And why was it A Monday Day you ask? See below reasons:
  • The alarm went off - I snoozed till I only had 30 minutes left to get ready (first sign I shoulda never gotten up)
  • I called work to make sure my shipment was going out as scheduled at 9AM - it wasn't and wouldn't be ready till late in the afternoon and they told the client's driver to come back later - a 2 hour drive if there's traffic)
  • Message on work voicemail - "My driver says he was sent away and that our shipment was not ready for pickup as discussed per yesterdays phone conversation. Call me ASAP w/an ETA on when it will be ready."
  • Investigation of said shipment not being ready - email nobody bothered to send to me saying their was a power failure on the machine I needed for my work to get done and the supervisor said it could wait till the morning (forwarded email to me by morning operator when asked what the hell happened?!!)
  • Physical discomfort - aching body accompanied w/multiple sneezes... getting sick!!!!
  • Apology from supervisor for the no phone call I specifically requested if anything went wrong with my order - "Oh, my bad."
  • Loads of emails and more work requests in from clients - papers piling up on desk burying me somewhere underneath as phone rings off hook (don't answer as I still don't have an ETA as aforementioned patience-challenged client requested.
  • Work is done and shipment ready - Double checked work was done correctly only to find out no it wasn't, re-email instructions everyone seemed to ignore thus far, pull package from shipping, wait for confirmation work was re-done according to instructions, & re-check to confirm it was.
  • Work is now really done and done correctly - need glass of wine and full body massage.
  • Email client the shipment is on it's way - suck it up, apologize for delay, sound like total lier w/"power failure" excuse, and hope all credibilty is not shot w/new client.
  • Take breath and think of wine/massage fantasy - rude reminder as I look at clock that I still have 3 more hours to go!
  • One redeeming event on my Monday Day - My One and Only came home, made me dinner, and rubbed my back as we watched movies on the couch till I fell fast asleep:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home