LoLo's Loft

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Happy

Last night I saw something pretty cool at the Rose Bowl.

Kids with their parents exercising!

There were the usual office women walking and gossiping together, the cyclists whizzing past me as I struggled to make it around the first turn on foot, the skinny fit fanatics soaring past me as if they had wings, the thin & chubby couples catching each other up on their workdays, and then there were these wonderful dad & son duos, moms & sons, moms & daughters, fathers & daughters too, and couples with strollers with wee babies along for the ride.

I have to say for someone who has struggled to get out and get active and has gotten a bit pessimistic w/life as of late. It was nice to be reminded of the happy out there, the simple pleasures like people spending quality time together, people including their loved ones in their activities, parents teaching their childrn the importance of choosing a certain quality of life... It was a relief for me to get a bit of optimism sprinkled into my day.

And suddenly I was smiling and feeling good about the prospects in my life and the future of our world as I rounded the last bend of the Rose Bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home