LoLo's Loft

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Time to Go

My Great Aunt Barbara passed away this morning. She was a wonderful woman, always so kind and caring towards us whippersnappers running amuck around her when we were little. She had suffered a pretty big stroke about 10 years back but recovered nicely and was able to get along pretty well. She had her husband's help, Uncle Lou, who was her biggest fan. Such a devoted and loving man, who was a great influence on the young men in our family. He passed away a couple years ago. She's been able to care for herself since then, but I can't help but wonder about that thing they say...

When one goes, the other goes shortly after because living without that love is not quite living and missing them is too hard to take.

I know I should be thinking that it's her time to go and she's going to a better place and all that. She had a full life with kids and grandkids and a terrific southern social life in NC consisting of church and ball games and picnics and bar-be-ques with friends and family - a fulfilled life. But I am more of the selfish type that just wants all my peeps to be here forever. I know she's better off because this last stroke left her incapable and unconscious. Yet, I still turn into a little child who just wants what she wants regardless of what's best or what's reality.

I think about her children, grandchildren, sisters, brothers, neices, nephews, and all the many loved ones travelling from various places across the country to take care of the funeral arrangements and to be there for one another. How devastated they must be to lose someone who enriched their lives so much. I wish I could be there to hold their hands and give them hugs and be a part of celebrating her life and of saying good bye.

She was a special lady. She had a big heart. She found joy in the little things in life and it showed in her eyes and in her smile. I know we will all miss her presence, her warmness, and her being.

We'll miss you Aunt Barbara!

I hope my hugs and kisses reach all you who need them - xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

LoLo

1 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Robyn Gorgos said…

    we are getting to that age where people we know and love are going to start leaving us. it makes me sad to think about it. this year has been especially filled with loss. i wish we all had the time and money to go back east and see all of the family who is still with us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home