LoLo's Loft

Friday, July 28, 2006

The 'F' Word

I woke up with puffy eyes today. Not from last night's crying jag but from the night before's. I got upset with A and ended up letting all these pent up feelings on neglect and sadness spew out. It was tough and he really was caught off guard and not sure what to do with me and all my emotions. It was good and bad. We didn't resolve anything that night and I cried myself to sleep on the couch mad, hurt, and confused. But we did talk more calmly w/less tears the next day. I think he understands why I was feeling neglected & unloved as of late and vowed to work on it. He mostly blamed it on the heat, the unbearable and relentless heat making him not want to touch anyone and feeling cranky & definitely not "in the mood". So I guess it's good that it's not me that he is un-in-love with, but the weather.

Global Warming is ruining my sex life!

Well, that is part of the problem in my relationship. But the other part is apparently me. What, you knew that already? He-he… I knew it too, I just wasn't sure what in me it was exactly. So I think I'm starting to get it & some of it I've known for some time but lacked the tools to change myself, and some of it is sort of a new concept for me that I'm trying to grasp.

Through my therapy (that I happen to be in with my Ex. to try to repair our relationship for our daughter's sake) it has been brought to my attention that 1) Men don't respond well to emotional women. 2) I may be more emotional than other people on the planet. 3) I may improve my communication and relationships w/others if I learn how to "jar" my emotions until in an appropriate environment or I'm with an appropriate person (a.k.a - friend) to share them. 4) It's okay to be sensitive (even a good asset) and there is nothing wrong with my feelings or with me, I just need better tools to help me... control, no… set them aside to help me get what I want in my life.

Wow, really? You mean there were tools all along and all those years of previous therapy nobody taught them to me? Shit. Alright then. Let's get started before I sabotage this new relationship with all my f-f-f-feeeeeeelinnnggssss…..

Errrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home