LoLo's Loft

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Fiend

Boy, relationships are tough. When things go down hill, it's really hard to switch back to the uphill climb you were on just days before. I guess I'll know if we make it through this "rough patch", as A called it, then we will be okay for all the rest of the ups & downs to come.

Today has definitely been a steady decline (although we did have a really good and practical talk last night about money, and down time, and little girl & single mom packages). But remembering now that my one and only referred to this as a "rough patch" and that "every couple has them from time to time", makes me feel much better about the downhill slump we're currently in.

I do tend to have a very fatalistic outlook when the slightest little bump presents itself in my life. I instantly became afraid and want to stomp out the bump and when it won't flatten back out immediately I panic and everything gets bigger and worse. So that little bump is now a gigantic mountain of a problem.

Way to go LoLo. Nice work on smoothing things over. Calm, cool, and collected - that's me.

Maybe this has something to do with my need to be an actress. I should start taking classes again if not to be the star I once dreamed of, to at least have an outlet for this irrational, over-reacting, drama queen inside me. Then maybe my relationship won't be at the mercy of this uncontrollable sabotaging fiend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home