LoLo's Loft

Friday, October 13, 2006

Discoveries!

I made a discovery with the help of my new friend I met on the sidewalk as I was walking to lunch. Here it is: I'm a HOT MOM! I am not self professing this because I would NEVER, but it was lovely to hear.

As I was walking up the sidewalk towards Noah's Bagel to get some soup because I woke up feeling like shinola and figured soup would help, I was stopped by a woman saying, "Are you proud to be a mom?" I replied, "uh, yes." And she handed me a card and told me about the new show she's recruiting for called "Hottest Mom in America". She was a scout and turns out she thought I looked like I would be a good contestant for their new reality show based on a mom who happens to be hot, but isn't a model type; she's a real woman. So I have the card and might just show up for the Hot Mom audition.

The important thing (whether I audition or not) is that it made me see myself in a different light, from a stranger's point of view... and that stranger saw me not as attractive, or pretty, or cute, but HOT! It felt good!

Most of the time I feel run down from being a single parent and working a full time job. I spend most of my time doing for others and rarely get to do for myself. So I walk around this world in a daze thinking of how I can do more or be a better mom or girlfriend or employee, and I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself anymore. So although being recognized as "hot" is not the most important thing in my life and doesn't register real high on my priorities, it was a very pleasant and flattering experience. And I needed to hear it. All of us moms do, I believe. It's too easy to get lost in all the responsibilities we have and the different hats we wear. A little reminder that we've still got it going on can go a long way:)


So to all my moms out there, from one hot mom to another, "YOU'RE HOT! So Celebrate it!" I know I am!!




3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    You really are HOT! I know how much you do to keep things on track ......you pull it off! You look great and your little one is almost as fun to hang out with as you are.......that's one cool little person. Hot is the least of what you are. The friendship that you give me is of legendary compassion. I hope you get to go to the audition but it's kind of true just being spotted on the street like that ........it's kind of winning already.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger LoLo said…

    Hey! So sweet:) Thanks for the compliments. I don't think many of us walk around thinking we're all that except for maybe Paris Hilton! Lol! She's a self proclaimer for sure. But the friendship and little one kudos mean the most to me by far. We do hard work as moms, as friends, as citizens, as family members, and all the other responsibilities that come our way. We're expected to handle it like it ain't no thang. And you do that better than the best of them!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Seriously......write more often......LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home